View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 07:59 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Hi Mike...

Seems that you like the feature we introduce first on I-mola and Su-zuka.....
Hi, I won't take credit for the first to have 2 wheelbases. I credit the HPI Micro RS4 for the idea. About 10 years ago I used to make a chassis conversion for it too

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
Awesome job !Great for all the possible settings (ackerman is a real plus, adjustable wheelbase ...). Does the hybrid link/tbar solution make the chassis more flexible ? does this explain the two side dampers ?
Thanks!
Correct for the rear.

Originally Posted by Vyger
Damn Mike, that’s a good looking well thought out car. I just added it to the Christmas list. Or, I could just stop by and pick one up….let know when is a good time.

Side note: you do realize that patents don’t really mean a whole lot in China.
As long as patents means something to the western world along with chinas favorite distributor- ebay, we will be fine

Come down and we'll grab lunch 10 days or so.

Originally Posted by tudor_47
aouch Mike!

I thought I would not need a new car for 2014 as I have the F1R ....
Now you go and make this, superb car, and yes I do need it....

I wonder the bell crank steering with the servo further back in the chassi is that possible to use in the F1R2?

Have you run the new car on asphalt with foam tires?
We run with 13.5T and foams on asphalt and rubber tires is not up to the task, with rubber tires i am 1 second slower per lap.

were do we sign up?
Hi,
Foam racing has died out so no testing sorry.
The steer set may work with the F103 parts but I think the post would move if mounted on the chassis slot. I don't think it's needed so much though.