R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2001, 07:00 AM
Isaac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Carpet and Foams

I put the 414M on carpet last Wednesday. TRC "plaids" foams in front and "purples" in the rear. The car that won stock in my earlier post was used with the same set up. Roll out was 26.7mm as it's a tight track with a 90 to 100ft straight. The motor was an ESP "MVP" can stock motor with "E" brushes. I had rip and straight away speed. The car was pretty much dailed. The sway bar in the rear was the thickest blue bar so the rear could possibly be more planted. It was still easy to drive. As long as you got off the gas at specific or obvious points the car would just carry speed through all corners. The fastest and easiest touring car I've driven on carpet. Carpet usually isn't my cup of tea either. I just simply had a ball eating up the track.

People told me this car would have too much traction indoors and that it's a car for parking lots and outdoors. Don't believe the hype. I'm running the Tamiya harder spring set and it's just fine. At least for stock. I hope to try a mod motor soon. I won't be able to race for awhile though.