R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Bump from deep in page 2.

I'm hoping I can get my car working well this weekend (Mod TC on carpet). It's been pretty frustrating with my two outings so far. :/ The first outing wasn't actually toooo bad, but I had a lot of binding in the rear (rushed build) and the wrong shock pistons. And I was on the back foot all night from a late arrival to the race and a stressful day.

My biggest problem last time out was a severe lack of on-power steering, so I just couldn't finish the corner and get on the power. Less front droop made the car too unpredictable in the tight sections getting on/off power, though. So overall it led to me over-driving trying to force the car to do the lap times, which never ends well. I might try going up from 2K in the rear diff, but a bit of anti-squat has crossed my mind, too.

I think I'm going to start with the setup one of the locals gave me that's got more Paul-ish and Hagberg-ian elements to it, and see if I can get to a happier place. It's pretty strange how different Paul's and Hagberg's IIC setups were in pretty significant areas, yet they were still so similar on pace.

-Mike
Sounds like you need to try an evening with each of the two types of srtup to see who's suits you better.