R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Waflet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
We just received them and they are in stock, but the website hasn't been updated yet.

It's precut to fit the B4.2 chassis and is peel and stick. There are 2 main reasons people use chassis tape:

1. To protect a fresh chassis and T-plate. Keeps it looking new months/years of use. Makes it nice for resale value .
2. The chassis tape provides a smooth or slick surface to decrease friction between the chassis and dirt surfaces. We don't see this problem much here in FL, but in the smaller indoor tracks up north & mid-west. Their tracks are normally wet/damp sticky surfaces and the chassis can stick to the dirt up the faces of jumps and or hard landings. It also helps from screws snagging the dirt and keeps the dirt from packing in the screws.

I have peeled back my chassis tape a few times to work on the car, but you can only do it a few times when the tape is fairly fresh.
Hideeho
As an end user, I can say the chassis protector does make a big difference in the wear of the chassis. I do have a suggestion though. I noticed on mine, & then compared to other b4 chassis', most of the wear is in the back on the "T" plate. How about including, or selling seperately, an extra precut sheet for just the "T" plate to get extra reinforcement for the highest wear area?

To remove the screws that need to come out, I use an exacto & cut a small circle for the screw to come out. I try to make it smaller the the head & pull it through. When done like this It will be under the screw when it is screwed back in. When I have failed to get it right, I still haven't had much issue with it tearing.