R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 11:54 PM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
I ran asphalt for the first time today and I need some help on tire/ inserts. The track temp was about 115F (started at about 90F) and all I had was some sorex 28's with echo red inserts. It wasnt the hot setup! I would have asked the fast guys what they ran but unfortunatly I was the fast guy...TQ and A main winner. I chased a very loose car all day and the hotter the track got the looser it was. What tire and insert would work best in the 90 to 120F range?
Ottoman,

I sorta agree with Pat, but I would definately advize greens over reds unless your traction is very low. It will chew the inside lip of the tire with reds if you have anything better than average traction. However, if you really want to get hooked, try CS22s or 27s. Preglues will be fine. With tons of traction CS MH insert will be better. You can start with 22's, but if you overdrive the car you will overheat the 22s and feather or blister them. In that case, go to 27s. The Take Off tires have a lot more steering on asphalt than Sorex'. Trust me on this.