R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Rick Vessell
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Gyros = bad idea
Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Why do you say that?

You need to understand that my group of racers is made up of some who have a lot of experience, like myself; but there are more in our group who do not, they are newbies! F1 cars are more difficult to drive than many other types of rc cars, and when you factor in the less than perfect parking lots we race on where we live, you need all the help you can get! I'm just trying to make the cars a little more "user friendly" for the majority with regards to racing them on a parking lot. We are a private club with no intentions of entering any public sanctioned races.....so what's the problem with using a gyro if it helps the majority have more fun?
Rob and I are in agreement on this all the way. We've seen what the results are in dirt oval racing when some use them. I've seen what the results are in off road when they are used. We both feel they should not be allowed. To avoid a long post and debate, it dumbs down the car removing the setup knowledge necessary to make your car work. F1 is not a class for someone just getting started in RC, gyros or not. Even with a gyro the open wheels have a much higher learning curve and will frustrate beginners to point where they will want quit.