R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Kevin K . if u ran xpattern tires then switched to the ride . what setup changes would u make (other than hide height /droop/FDR)
I ran xpatterns (old ones ) they turned on a dime and traction rolled in a few corners .
Ran the ride tires (new tires ,equal setup) car would not turn . not to save its life ....
Ran jaco blues (used /equal setup) amazing handling difference .
Any insite ?
The changes that I always made when going from X-patterns to the Rides was with the Ride tires I ran my inner camber link longer and lower on the bulk head. I even added more spacing on the top of the castor block...so more angle down towards the center of the car from the outside. From there if I needed even more I would go down in front OIL and lean the shocks in more on the tower. Narrow up the front end of the car or widen out the rear end of the car....at the hex is the fastest way on most cars. I would mainly play with the front end of the car but if I was out of options in the front I would move the rear shock in 1 hole on the lower arm. After that if I still needed more I would raise the rear inner camber link. best of luck....