R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 04:41 PM
eunique
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erasus
Slow rebound usually is done on the rear dampers. The dampers compress normally, but extend more slowly. This results in a more stable handling, especially on rough surfaces, as the damper doesn`t extend abruptly after a fast compression due to the rough surface, thus reducing the "bounciness", prefereably in the rear. It usually makes the rear handle more smoothly and less aggressive.

regards
this would be another example of a preference thing. In the older carpet drift track layout at Sheldon's I likes the slow rebound on my rear shocks. But now the track is a lot more technical with more switchbacks and liked the way my D3 handled better after switched back to normal rebound dampers.

So I think this would take more into account your track layout and driving style. I would say try it out...keep playing with adjustments. Dont give up easily. You would need to try the adjustments on the dampers also by adding or reducing preload a little at a time and keep practicing. And also the position of shock mount on the sgock towers...little at a time until you arrive at a setting that works for you.