R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Luppi Stefano
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kiloolli
Hello,

i drive the VBC (identical with Roche) shocks with Raceberry Bridges, short shocks are better. i made many test with springs but the best springs are:

Carpet: Yokomo pink/blue or blue/blue
Asphalt: HPI Silver/Silver

i have the VBC shocks rebuilt to drive with long springs, this is the best kombination, short shocks with long springs.

here is a report from petitrc:
It is now widely recognised that short big bore shocks are a step forward in electric Touring Cars. However most of them require the use of shorter springs which may not always be ideal. Shorter springs are, by nature, less linear than longer springs giving a more aggressive feel to your car. Some springs in particular have estabilshed themslves as a must have in certain conditions such as the HPI Silver on asphalt and the Yokomo Pink/Blue on carpet.

at BD7 you must cut the bottom connectors from the original Yokomo shocks to 13mm, make sure your shocks are 59.00mm long from top to bottom. then you will need to space them by 2mm from the arms and the shock tower in order to ensure enough clearance between the retainers and the lower arms.
Please note that this mod will only allow you to reach decent ride height with small tires only (LRP CPX, Ride Rex34 and Rex30 in particular).
absolutely agree with you, short shocks are very good on this car!
I use Mr. Roche Shocks and low Towers, but use Xray T4 Springs
now try to change the original spring retainer with Yokomo, seems to lower...
so I hope to be able to use Yokomo springs...