R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Get the more budget 3-port! The guy to beat in Toledo runs a 3-port, let's keep it fair.
3 port, 3 port, blah blah. Not all 3 ports are equal, y'know. Just on a whim I was looking up stats and probs for various 3 ports, and oddly enough, Nova has the best stats (among the engines I looked at). May as well require everyone run Nova. Still a bunch of horse hockey about the 3 port idea, IMHO, at least for 2014.

With that said, Tom will be using the wounded VOX I bought from Lon next year, however many ports it has (or more accurately, however many ports it still has actually working) It's weak and underpowered, but it's very consistent as per idle and gets good lap to the tank. I have no clue what I'll be using yet, but it won't be a Nova. I've been working outside of the box in 4wd, we're definitely outside the box in 2wd, so I may as well do the same for engines (with the obvious exception of the bullet I bought at the GLC.) Billy Bowerman made me a good deal, I used to run Picco exclusively many years ago, and it just seemed like continuity to me in a way.

And I recommend, for the '14 season, that anyone named "Jeff" be required to add five pounds to the weight of their car, and said rule may be waived if "Jeff" mounts his body backwards and runs it in that fashion.