R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Travis S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Me personally I like the fact that USVTA appears to test the escs for parity before putting them on there list.

one thing that was brought up in another separate discussion but curious what the USVTA crowd things is I have "heard" of that it is possible for a manufacturer to put in a larger capacity battery in there "5000mah" pack and still label it as such.

Is this an area that if it becomes an issue may be tested for in the future?
One easy way you can tell is the weight of a pack. 5000mah packs tend to weigh a lot less then the 7000+ packs. For example my SMC 7200 is 314g vs EA 5000 being 260g. Also batteries have some wiggle room on the MAH numbers and charge over their MAH rating... I don't really see this being a big issue of a company not putting the correct mah on it. I think people charging over 8.4 would be a bigger issue then someone running a battery that should be say 5500mah but is labeled 5000. Unless you and the people you race against can keep it clean for the 8 min as soon as you hit something or someone and any gain you would get from either is lost just like that.