R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
eded1
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=porsche928gs;12696210]
Originally Posted by eded1
This are RW gears and they are made from delrin.
They are very strong and dont wear.[/QUOTE
There's two problems with that statement. There's absolutely no existing material in earth that doesn't wear at this application (gears). Second the problem is that you have a pinion gear made of aluminium or titanium that is probably thicker than this spur. Which one u think is going to fail first. The problem is not the material but the design of the gear itself. I'm sure they may have different gear designs but their ultra-light design calls for minimal material use. This gear will fail in a less than optimal gear mesh. I've seen it many times. As I said before. It will be fine as long as your gear mesh and alignment are perfect. Remember that. Tc's are not that light and brush-less motors carry a lot of power.
I can not speak for you, if you have bad experiences with this gear it is true for you.
My experience is that my son is two times club tournament winner (10 races) + practice without change any gear, to be honest not with a fully boosted 4.5t motor but with a 13.5t 10dgr. timing top speed 65/67 km/h.
And the gear is still on his car, maybe our track is is not so dusty or filled with little rocks, i don't know.
Thank for your expl./opinion.

Ed