R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
macke
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by niemand
Is the new aluminium chassis flat lying on its own on a glass board? Because my new one isn't...
On the other hand the aluminium chassis is so soft on its own that it'll probably get straightened out when attached to the plastic chassis.
Originally Posted by joeymdz
the old aluminium chassis was bent and tweaked from side to side. the new aluminium chassis didn't lay down perfectly flat but wasn't tweaked.
Originally Posted by asc6000
The chassis is quite soft, my v1.0 was bending at the rear after ten packs, just the tiniest bit but still disconcerting. The chassis wears badly at the rear as well. A harder/stiffer chassis would be nice not only for tuning options but to increase the durability.
Originally Posted by BentKa
Nope not arguing.

But I had to go down and look at the chassis we have been using since it came out and the wear is minimal and all 3 XB4's are as straight as new.
My alu chassis was slightly bent right out of the box... Didn't lay flat on a perfectly flat surface. I contacted Xray support and they never heard of any other with the same "problem". Anyway, when attached to the composite chassis part it straighten itself out and seemed flat so I didn't bother.

But... Now after 4-5 race days I can see the rear being slightly bent upwards. I absolutely love this car and I haven't broke a part on it. I have used it solely on carpet and can't see any sign of wear except for the slight bend. I have seen the same tendency on other XB4s as well. Use a caliper or a metal ruler on its side and hold it against the rear of the alu chassis and you will probably see a gap at the very rear end.