R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 AM
John.C
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I haven't seen this posted yet but i know it's happened to many as I've found them on the track at the 2 national races I've been to lately.

I'm having problems loosing swaybar mounts, P05. If you tap a corner hard enough with the wheel turned the wheel can turn in hard enough to hit the swaybar causing the mount to pop out and fall off the car. I've done a few things like put longer screws in the steering block to stop the wheel from turning in to far, and I've put the sway bar in upside down so the angle at the end is up versus down but everyone once in awhile I hit a corner just right and loose a mount.

Has anyone come up with a method to keep the mount at least on the swaybar so you don't loose it?

I was thinking about putting a small piece of shrink wrap on the end of the bar so the mount won't be lost it will just need to be reinserted.

Oleg, If a better solution to keep the bottom of P05 in P04 could be found it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe make the opening in P04 where the ball of P05 inserts smaller so it snaps in harder would help. I think this happens more in the US than Europe due to the bearer systems we use.
Hi Brent - There's 2 ways to prevent or limit losing the mounts. 1st is to put a dab of Shoegoo on the tips of the sway bars. 2nd is to put a thin heat shrink or wire insulator on the tips of the sway bar. Both methods won't prevent the mount from popping out but you won't lose them when it does.