R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Travis S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
ThIs car looks very nice and is definitely different than the rest, but something I cannot comprehend is that you could buy two of the cars that constantly finish on the podium of major races for the price of it.
Money is just paper and debt is just a term...

The most popular A700L USA spec costs $727 new vs say $520 for your T4... Not sure what car you are talking about that you can get 2 of them for the price. I am sure whatever cars that are finishing on top are not "Box Stock" either.

I came from all Tamiya cars and when you start adding up all the "blue crack" hop up's, suspension blocks, springs, raceberry chassis for example it's really not that much different...

I got mine used... Still a lot of money no doubt, but I am very happy to be on team vodka and no plans on going back. I have found this car much easier to drive in all classes I have tried it in. The shock changes are so easy and I would never want to go back to standard springs/shocks with that maintenance.

I do highly recommend anyone who gets this car to get some Hudy setup gauges and the "caster doodles." This makes changing the rest of the car setup SOOO much easier.