R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I don't think so....

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
We're working on a t-plate build as well, and the rear pod (tires, axles and diff) are independent of the transmission and engine. We're forced in that direction simply because of our Kyosho style drive...everyone else has their entire unit in the rear, and our engine is a mid-mount. You'll have to count Tom and I opposed to that rule proposal. Also doesn't seem fair in light of the WRC's where the entire front can rock, I don't see a difference between one or the other.
All the existing cars are required to have the engine, transmission, and drive train attached to one piece. The difference is you want to change the rear of the car not the front. Actually the front end is the same too. All pieces are attached to one plate.

Just because you have chosen to go a different way you should not be exempt from the rules/norms. Go back to the drawing board and lengthen the rear plate to include the engine and trans as well as the tires, axles, and diff!!

This is only my opinion. We know what Phil thinks. Any other comments?

Ned