R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ROAR RULES

[QUOTE=hitcharide1;12673417]Believe it's page 85, though many parts of the book apply hither and yon. QUOTE]

Phil,
Not sure what version of the ROAR Rules you are looking at. The current version is on the ROAR Site:

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=10

Click on "Rules" and a pdf will load. Look all you can, all I can see is on page 83.

As to some of your other points, rules, if they exist, need to be complete and understandable, among other things! Assuming or taking for granted is not the best way to go about it.

FYI: Here are the rules Lon II set up when he was interested in this class a couple of years ago. There was considerable agreement that they were a good starting point. Of course, I think there are some things that need to be added! (Remember I was "Mentored" by Roy Moody and he did things RIGHT!

Ned

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.
No suspension cars with locked out shocks af any type. All suspension arms muct be fixed to the chassis with no axis of movement.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 3 port non-turbo engine.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.) Engines bought on clearance price or sales should not be used if normaly priced over $250.00