R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Hty guys, just wanted to drop in on the Yokomo thread and sharpe my recent experience.

Well, my Dad hooked me up with a BD7 last week for my birthday.

I don't usually throw statements out like this because they are so subjective and opinion based. But hands down, this is the fastest car I have ever driven on our carpet track. The difference is about 0.15 seconds on our current layout on hot lap, plus it is much more consistent.

I know I have heard about issues with the shocks before, however, we found some of our parts work with the shocks very nicely. No leaking, with a single o-ring. We will probably release a kit for them through the site, however, it was quite simple.

I used a m3x5x0.3mm shim in between our silicone o ring and the cartridge. I topped off the shock with our 10mm bladders and drilled the shock cap and had a perfect, consistent zero rebound shock.

I don't think we are diving into a full assortment of BD7 options in the future, but we'd like to adapt a few of our upgrades to be able to use on the car. Stay tuned.
That's interesting news, coming from someone who does a lot of testing on other brands
Perhaps you just nailed the setup perfectly the first time out ?

I don't know if one car is faster than another at our track, the BD7 just has a very intelligent, durable design imo, and it's at least as fast as anything out there