R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
So the Roar approved ESC/Motor and Spec Tire makes you dizzy...

First off:
What if you were the person in charge of this and YOU had to test ALL motors and esc's to keep things as equal... Also note that YOU are not getting paid to do any of this testing... Now if someone starts using X motor or Y esc that is deemed not legal in USGT you get to deal with the crap storm they create when you tell them it can't be used... So there IS a system in place already by ROAR that does this testing and they are paid for it. (I assume that is where my ROAR membership fees go.) Who in their right mind would not go by these ROAR rules???

Second thing:
So you are mad about having to spend another $20 on a set of tires and that you can't use 26mm rims. (Nobody is stopping you from using 26mm rims with the tires!) You are mad they are not to scale??? Come on man... You are just nit picking stuff now. I have had rims on my real car with lower profile tires then this... Want them to stick out more then use some bigger wheel hexes! You seem to care more about how cool your car looks around the track then how fast it goes. You know what a good class is for this? Drifting!

Just an FYI: I know for a fact there are some tires out there that are no longer made that some people have that are better then anything else out there... I know these tires only see national races because of that fact. I will still lose to the people who have these tires even with them using the spec ones, but I do like knowing they do not have that advantage on me.

All I can say is THANK YOU ROB for what you do and what you have to deal with. This is my favorite class by far and this change is for the better!

Now I need to pack and drive 7 hours go race some USGT and not talk about it anymore...
Can anyone say "pit squiggles"

Good luck at the Classic Travis, be safe