R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:07 AM
caltek1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Bob,

The MO6 suspension shaft with ball is used on the new MO5 Pro gold edition, so I can not understand how it would not be legal. That would make it Tamiya supplied part. The new Gold pro kit uses a two piece alloy part that gives one degree toe in, to that which was given on the MO5S. This new two piece part allows one degree toe in on SWB, MWB and LWB kits. This part in combination with the variable rear uprights will let you run from 1 degree rear toe to 3 degrees. Another part to possibly test.

After trawling the net I did see the new front camber links which are 17mm and 18mm in length, which allow you to run +1 degree camber and -1 degree of front camber. These look like copies of the original parts made by Tech Racing two years ago. Might be able to use these now. I also see the external motor heat sink that was issued with the MO5S has been released as an individual part but called a MO5 Aluminium Counterweight. About time I thought that was a decent hop up.

Just my thoughts. I am going to test this mod on my mini very soon and see if the longer shocks are any better or worse.

Take care buddy,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 10-24-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Revised my crappy grammer and vagueness