R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:22 PM
edonsohc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
Diving skills and setup are 95% of the game here... If you can't drive consistent and tight for the whole race then there is really no reason to worry about the best motor. As soon as your car needs a marshal chances are very high you lost the race... People getting into the hobby will quickly learn they need to work on their driving skills and should realize it is not the motor holding them back from winning and hitting the boards is the cause. I let some of the fast drivers test my cars to help me with my setup and normally they can drive .1-.2 second faster laps then I can with it...

I am willing to bet that if you spent the $90 on a Novak Vulcan or an ORCA TX you would be have a faster car then a lower end/quality $45 motor. I mean there has to be a reason it is only $45... R/C is not a cheap hobby and more power to you if you can win with out spending that much money. Even if there was a spec $45 motor some people will buy 20 of them and keep the best one. People are always looking for a competitive advantage and that will NEVER go away.

I don't remember the last time I won an A main (or if I ever have...) I have fun racing and don't worry about the rest. I just hope to finish in the middle of the pack or better and if I do I am happy.
very well said!