R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
All i did to get it to work was hook it up with a cheap hobbyking booster to the rx. Solder the red wire of a servo tail to the eac positive. Plug that into a booster cap and to the rx. An rx pack would also work.
This overrides the swirch too so only need one wire off the esc.
I also had to set the lipo cutoff to no protection mode.

Now, whether its worthwhile to use his esc is another story. I just could not keep pace tonight. Lst year running a tekin rs and 17.5 reedy with boost i could stay in the top 3. This year, 13.5 blinky i just could bot get on the pace at all. Two laps down lol.

I dont think 40 amps is enough but ill try it again. I had similar top speed but not nearly the grunt. Had my reey mach 2 rolling out about he same as a d3.5 with similar rotor and timing and coming off 45degrees hotter lol.
Ill try some different settings next time.
Yes, of course..........if your "setup" really indeed work with the REVENTON series ESC, the ESC that you want to use and to keep the cost down is actually REVENTON 'R"..............

Can you give us a shot/image of your wire up of the ESC and the hobbyking booster pack.....I am not sure I am understanding your setup configuration...thanks.

Also, are you referring to this booster pack...?