R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by James73
Thank you for your reply Pascal. What particular make and size motor do you think will give better speeds than my Turnigy Trackstar 2650KV 6 pole motor?

I am more than happy at the moment with the speeds that I am attaining with my two cars on their four and six cell set ups but in time once if I acquire the skills to push above their current speeds I am sure that I will want to make that leap to the more powerful and faster motor.

Have added a few photos to my album of my six cell electric car.
I don't think the speed of your setup will be the main difference between your and Pascal's or my set-up, but the handling will be a huge difference.

The mid battery set-up we are using, gives way better car handling, and therefor lower lap times.

Every car I have seen with the Lipo's on the side of the car, has to much chassisroll, and slides around the track.

Look at the handling of my car, and the posted links of video's of pascal's equipment, and you will see what I mean....