R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
purple haze
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Which servo and servo saver are you having this issue with? The original mount was not intended for any servo saver so it will have to be modified for a servo saver. Never had any clearance issues when using the stock servo horn. As far as the design, only 2 screws to remove the entire unit from the car for service, and having the plate mounted as it is has the least amount of deflection over all the other designed floating mounts.

I run a Xray 4 spring saver and only required a slight modification of the servo mounting plate to get full rotation clearance.
futaba servo . no shims between the servo and the mounting brackets , the servo is as far forward as it can get . the stock servo horn interfers with the carbon fiber plate . if i put 1mm shim in the servo horn , the horn itself clears the cf plate but the screw head does not . 2mm shim in the servo horn gives me enough clearance to clear the screw head but with that much shimming , the servo horn is barely on at all . i guess i just need to grind 2 mm off the carbon fiber plate so the screw head clears the front of it . awesome .

also , i noticed the steering rack has more slop than my old losi eight-e buggy .... thats a lot of slop !