R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedzone Batteries & Motors
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Gavin Creado
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
That's what I'm talkin' bout!. Shirts look fantastic Gavin. They'll look especially good at Carpet and Asphalt Nats and Worlds

Another great win for Speedzone this week in 17..5 12th.
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...rand=389168751

The pack I ran is a year old with LOTS of mod runs where it drained 90% and it still pulls strong at the end of 8 minutes. I only lost 3 tenths from hotlap to the end of the race.
Originally Posted by smokinu
Got some track time this weekend.

A local track had a 1st shoot out race. went up friday for practice all day.

i tqed 4wd sc with a 6200 65c pack.
i qualified 3rd in 4wd buggy with the saddle pack.
i qualified 5th in mod 2wd buggy with 4600 mah short pack and 8.5t speedzone motor.

i broke out of all 3 mains..

the durango cars failed me this round.

but i had a great time support a local track and had great pressure in all classes and the speedzone packs/motors performed AWESOME all weekend!
Originally Posted by Csaari77
Our club at Onelug Hobbies in Albertville, AL hosted our 3rd annual Carpet Duel this past Saturday. This race draws a good crowd of onroad racers from Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee each year. The classes that are run are 17.5 blinky TC, 13.5 blinky 1/12, and VTA. The track is a small technical course that will punish mistakes. The average lap time in 17.5 TC is in the mid 8 second range, and 13.5 1/12 usually run mid 7 sec laps.

In 1/12 I was able to qualify 4th using a new Speedzone 7000Mah 80C. While I wasn't happy with my qualifying effort I knew the car had the pace to contend for a podium spot. At the start of the main I was able to get a jump at the tone and get inside the 3rd place car for a clean pass at the first corner. I spent the next 4 minutes shadowing 2nd place trying to find a way past. While I had the quicker car, I could not find a gap to get the pass done. I was finally able to work my way past 2nd, but the leader had checked out. I managed to put a lap on 3rd place and was still turning low 7 second laps at the 7 minute mark of the race. The battery never faded for the entire 8 minutes. I also bettered my previous best lap time by .3 sec.

I had qualified my Speedzone 7200Mah 80C powered TC in the 5th spot. Unfortunately, I got caught up in the first lap carnage that always happens when 8 cars go for the same spot at the first corner. Once the mess cleared up I was back in 7th position and my hope of a podium was slim. I put my head down and started clicking off laps to try and catch anyone I could. I was able to run the rest of the race clean and managed to get myself back up to 5th, 2 sec off 3rd and 4th. Even at the six minute mark the battery had great punch and I was still running consistent laps in 8.0-8.1 range.

While it was a mixed day for results I never had to worry about my batteries, they were strong and consistent all day. Big thank you to Gavin for providing me with these great products!

Really great feedback and results! Absolutely fantastic. I like where we are going!!!