R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purple haze
well i am building the new eryx and i am not impressed . as far as i can tell , i am going to have to dremel the shit out of the servo plate to get the clearance to use even the stock servo horn . nevermind trying to get a servo saver to fit . even if i use a 1 mm spacer in the servo horn , the screw head that mounts the ball on the end of the horn has a ton of interference with the plate . i have two 411 TE cars and i like them , but this new servo mounting system is utter crap . piss poor design is an understatement .
Which servo and servo saver are you having this issue with? The original mount was not intended for any servo saver so it will have to be modified for a servo saver. Never had any clearance issues when using the stock servo horn. As far as the design, only 2 screws to remove the entire unit from the car for service, and having the plate mounted as it is has the least amount of deflection over all the other designed floating mounts.

Originally Posted by Tshabalala
im building my firs s411 and i would like to know what you guys thing about using a servo savor or a regular servo horn and about what gears do you recommend for pinion and spur gear along with the type of pitch?
I run a Xray 4 spring saver and only required a slight modification of the servo mounting plate to get full rotation clearance.

The gears depend on if you run inside or outside, most prefer 64 pitch, but for outdoors I know a lot of racers use 48 pitch. Also some of the modified drivers use the 48 pitch due to tooth stress from the higher powered motors.

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
has anyone compared the diff to the spool in the 17.5 class. I am running a diff with 1mill gravity rc fluid and the car feels good to me. I would like to hear input from other 411 owners.
I started running a front diff at the IIC, (2.5 mil) but ended up using a spool, it just had better pull out of the corners and a little less aggressive feel going into the corner entry. Really the clock is the true determining factor in which is better to run. Speaking of spools, we measured the delron spool versus the aluminum spool with blades and the aluminum is slightly lighter, just have to watch the blades for breakage.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 10-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.