R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 1:10 F1
Thread: Serpent 1:10 F1
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Bigz84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default report

yesterday I put some practice laps on this car, on an indoor carpet track. The car is fun to drive. With the recommended rubber tire carpet setup, the set up sheet calls for 2mm spacer on the front bulkhead and 2mm spacer on the servo mount. you will need to use a longer screw on the servo mount for that ball and you will need a longer set screw (I am going to use a m3x8) to screw into the front bulk head to use these 2mm spacers.

I managed to use 1mm spacers at both points w/ stock parts to see if I liked these settings. So far I do, as the car has great turn in and the rear end stays planted.

the plastic bulkhead did strip a little, but a little ca glue has cured that for the time being. Once the aluminum bulkhead is available, I will purchase.

Not practicing w/ any other F1s, I couldn't gauge how well the car is. Other racers at the track said the car looked good.

I am going to race this car against some known fast people at the Halloween Classic in Cleveland this weekend, and hopefully this car, and it's driver, can perform well.

will let you know....