R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 AM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the most polite way I can explain why this is a pointless discussion:

1) I had never before and probably never will again run on that sort of grip. All discussion on how to make the car run better on it is useless. My local track could only dream of having half this grip so any tuning changes I make between now and maybe the Mile High Indoor Champs will be useless for weekend racing. Next year there will be totally different grip, and I will probably be running a different car anyway. Maybe I'll run my Losi, maybe a totally new car, or even this one again, I don't know.

2) Despite assertions and ill-informed commentary, the car was not over-sprung. It started out very soft, 17 front, 13 rear, (both on the inner hole on the arm) with the soft swaybars, and I stiffened it progressively over the week, going up in oil as well, to combat chassis drag. Not one post seems to understand this part. Unless the proper way to race a touring car is with the chassis dragging on the rug, then the car was still slightly under-sprung in its final form.

3) I accept that my alignment/shock position/other stuff was sub optimal. I made those changes on the suggestion of my Xray touring car tuning help book, which stated in the event of rubber tire traction roll do X Y and Z. Knowing I would have no practice session to test in, I made them on faith. The car and I got better, but would have needed a few battery packs of just me and the track to be 'good'.

Basically YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. The race is over, I finished somewhere in the middle. End of story.