R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 05:36 AM
scoyle
Tech Regular

It has been a while since I have run an Xray and I decided to give the 2014 a go. I spoke with some of the guys at our club who have been running the 2013 model about setups etc. but decided that I would run it, for it's first race on carpet, using the kit carpet setup. I thought it was fantastic! I was a bit worried about the amount of steering due to the limiter before I ran it but it just made me realise that I have probably been running too much steering all these years as I had no problems getting through some tight hairpins (indoor medium grip carpet in a school gym sized hall). Past cars have felt like they have stopped at times mid corner but not the T4 which carried lots of speed and was very easy to drive. I ended up not making any changes at all to the car all day and was able to spend my day getting to grips with the 13.5 motors we are using this year.

Some of the other guys who had run the 2013 cars felt is was a bit loose with their 2013 setups on the 2014 car and reckoned it was down to the amount of steering the new car has. I think it is worth starting with kit and working out your setup again rather than thinking that your 2013 setup will work perfectly on the 2014 car.

I also really like the fact that when I went to check the downstops, camber, toe etc. just before the finals they were exactly the same as I had set them up - no movement at all.

Really like this car and I am looking forward to the next race and might even change a few things LOL.