R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Ok, first run out with the T4'14 at this club;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The video was the same layout at a previous meeting.

I put the car down with the exact carpet setup given by Xray, the only difference being I had a PF Speed6 and Ride Subaru bodyshell to test with.

The kit carpet setup felt looser than the kit carpet setup I originally ran when I got the T4'13 (which felt too safe)

I dropped the rear camber link from 2 to 1mm and removed the rear top deck screws from the layshaft mounts. This made the car easier to drive while still having loads of steering.
By the end of the night I'd also dropped the front shocks in one hole and removed the 2mm spacers from the top of them. This gave me a slightly more aggressive feel to the steering and helped in the tight 180deg corners.

My fastest lap was within 0.05s of the fastest of anyone, when I ran the T4'13 at first I was around 0.25s per lap off the same guys.

I had less understeer out of the box with this car than the previous model, where I had to add more bump steer to try and get rid of mid corner push.

Might go back again next week to try a few more things out.

So far, so good