R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikpiz
I'm all for a spec tire . especially if they are cheap and pre mounted . However I think you should wait untill the end of this season to make a offical rule.
I personally just bought two sets of HPI pre mounts to run at the Halloween classic and If I just tossed close to $100 dollars out the window on top of the $70 bucks I blew on 2 Trackstar motors that are no longer legal - a rule change you guys made without any kind of warning . Well then this " Fun / Cheap " second class won't be fun or cheap at all.
I agree I dont think this rule change will take effect until the first of the year or later.

Im part of a race series in my area and what we have done for this season's series is that we will allow the old rules to be used for this season....but...we are asking guys when they have to or want to buy new tires to just start buying or using the Ride tires when they can. I dont see why any local track couldnt do the same thing just allow any of the tires in play now to be used and then after the season or what ever just start to follow the national rule set.

As far as the motors the change to the rules closed a big hole that needed to be closed before it got outa hand. I know it sucks but its for the greater good that this hole was closed. If it wasnt then we would all be running out and buying outlaw or some crazy off brand thats not ROAR legal to see if their motor is faster. As it is now most ROAR approved motors are about the same speed. If you still have your other non ROAR motor ask your local track if you can still use it to club race. Just know that if you want to race at a race that is following the national rules set you would need to follow them. Really this is no different than any other class out there. When you go to a ROAR race you have more rules to follow and might need to buy something but 9 times outa 10 you dont need to be 100% ROAR legal to club race at most tracks accross the country.