R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Have a look at this, really works great... http://racepf.com/touring-car-190mm/...l1-clear-body/

Chevy Camaro ZL1 Clear Body
Cool thanks for the body tip!

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I would look at the Audi R8 from tamiya. Its a bit on the expensive side at $40. But it sits nice and low and is 190 mm. So no need for offset wheels. It's by far the best body I have found for USGT. Here is a pic of mine from the southern nats.
Will give that a look as well, like the look of it.

Speaking of which, and I apologize if this was already mentioned, but anyone running any "hatchback" looking bodies? My daughter seems to like the look of a few, including the mini cooper that her uncle has, curious if there is a body that fits and works well?

And lastly, do people every run VTA style bodies or is that another body type that is not allowed like touring types? As a kid, loved the smoky and the bandit movies so of course, love the car lol.

I am thinking this class is where we are going to start, especially as electronics are a bit more open and I can get some battery reuse (7200s from my Tekno SCT410) unless I am missing some limitation on that like VTA?