R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DEST210R thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 AM
lappdawg27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well I finished up my outdoor season last night with the truck. I did win the points, but there wasn't a huge turnout so I really only beat about 4 guys.

I am pretty impressed with the truck. I didn't have issues with ballcups, I can remember 2 instances where I popped them off, but they were both pretty major crashes. I did get an Exotek RR hanger, which is pretty much a necessity. At the first race the chassis flexed enough for the pin to fall out without breaking the arm. Towards the end of the year I had one of the screws that holds the RF hanger on back out and the hinge pin popped out again without breaking anything. Besides that, the thing was pretty indestructible. I do have some slop in the arms and hubs now, but after racing 30 times with it I think that's to be expected. I experimented with shock oils and pistons at the beginning of the year but once I found the ones I liked, I kept them in for the rest of the year. I have no signs of leaking, but I have yet to tear the truck down and check everything. I also changed out the diff balls once.

The biggest annoyance I have (and this goes for any stadium truck) is the rear wing. I went through 4 of them, and I tried a few things to try and beef them up, to no avail.

I wish this class would come back a little more...I'm not sure if we are gonna run them next year or not. Either way, I am keeping it for now. I plan to run it at one or two big indoor races this winter.