R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:51 AM
madweazl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
Not sure where this info came from. So, to correct the statements that are wrong here. The RTR includes a gear diff, not a ball diff and it includes everything that you need to change it to MM3/MM4/RM4 except maybe a couple bearings that go in the idler gears. It comes RM3. If you get the RTR you NEED to get some aluminum skid plates to protect the weak parts of the chassis. The Losi kit is a good vehicle, but that steering rack is atrocious.
It does not include everything you need to convert to 4 gear trans. You need the pins, idlers, shim kit, and bearings. The gear diff only has 2 spiders vs the 4 you'd want. That being said, I still went with the RTR as I wanted the +8 chassis and the cab forward body. I ordered the aluminum rack and ball diff, ripped the electronics out, and used mine.

As for the handling comments vs the 22, I didnt have the same results. Not sure how people seem to manage to get a 22 to not steer as it has plenty, typically being tougher to get a tight setup than most vehicles (apparently the 2.0 addresses that). Having driven it, the 210 (only +8), the B4.1 WC, and the Tamiya in the last 3 years, I have had the same results with all of them after some setup changes. The stock setup on the RTR is actually pretty good for a medium traction outdoor track on the appropriate tires. It tends to understeer but not horrible. I made a ton of changes to the front of the car and have it steering much better now along with a different shock setup (had Avid springs on hand so went with those). I've read a lot of posts about weak rear shock towers and that the chassis was weak as well but I've have no issues with either. Actually, havent had a single problem with the car yet and stuffed it on a couple big jumps twice that made me cringe.

Last edited by madweazl; 09-27-2013 at 03:46 AM.