R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 04:02 PM
DiscountRCStore
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by blackshark3
Hi just got my Mi5 with mid motor setup, a few questions:
1. What is the rate of the springs that comes standard with the kit? What is their color label? How to tell from looking at the springs?
2. The local shop recommend the optional rear hub carrier arms, said would "free up" the rear more and make it more lively...what's the difference between this option and the one that comes stock?
3. Same question with the 3 Dinks link mount, how does that compare with the stock 4 dink ones?
4. I run at a high speed track with good traction and speed sweeps, any recommendation on the setting?

Any tips appreciated.
1. White = 13.9 lb in
Blue = 14.9 lb in
Green = 15.9 lb in * these are the kit springs*
Red = 16.9 lb in
Yellow = 17.9 lb in

2. Part U4295 makes the upper camber link shorter by moving the outer mounting point closer to the center of the car.

3. Part U4311 also makes the link shorter by moving the inner mounting point away from the center of the car

4. Carpet, Asphalt? Maybe reference here : http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/schu...macherMI5.html
We're running mid motor with good success on mid to high grip technical carpet.. can get you a set up for that if you like.. I'm sure the others can provide further suggestions.. hope it helps..!

..p