R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
san.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
As to the classes for the Heart of America series, my guess is that we will be Spec and Open OR Spec and Sportsman, but that will be based on what the club wants to run. Either will fit in my opinion.

One item that I think we should also work with in the Sportsman class is a 6mm restrictor. This will help smooth out the power, which will keep repair and re-build costs down. Should be open tire, open engine with limits like we currently have. (HOA current rules)

T-Hawk ..... would this work for your racers as well? Sportsman and Spec

San ..... would this work for your racers as well? Open and Spec

And for all the places that have gone to full open, you run Open and Spec. I really think this is what Tony was thinking about, as they run open in Texas ....
I can only speak for myself and not the tracks I run at. I'm for one class only. Let the system rank the drivers in their respective skill set. The spec class that's being promoted is brand bias and not healthy for GT8 at all. I should be able to support my local track, hobby shop and racers that do not have access to long chassis, REDS motors, etc. We have guys with LOSI, XRAY, Hot Bodies and AE RC8 conversions. How are they going to get regulated long chassis's? They also run Werks, Novarossi, Picco, Jammin, SportWerks, Ofna and another actually runs a Dynamite motor.

This might work in Texas, but we can't force this "Spec Rule" on other clubs.

Again, this is not an attack on any individual. Just my personal opinion.