R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Yb2fast
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi! The longevity of the 2 speed in the IGT2 race spec is exceptional, no doubt. Which is why i did not mention it? I was referring to the bevel gears (ring-pinion) that are in the bulkheads. It's strongly recommended to get the straight cut ones. As for the flywheel the IGT2 came with 2shoe flywheel until the race spec came out so I assume there are still non upgraded IGT2 cars out there with the 2 shoe flywheel.
About the gearing here are some numbers:
- If I'm not mistaken the kyosho race spec comes stock with 15-18 pinions on the clutchbell, 46-43 spur gears and 43-13 pinion/ring.
Ratio 1st gear= 46/15*3.31= 10.15
Ratio 2nd gear= 43/18*3.31= 7.91

- OFNA GTV2 (if I'm not mistaken it's same stock ratio as the teamC short chassis)
Ratio 1st gear= 46/16*4.3= 12.36
Ratio 2nd gear= 42/20*4.3= 9.03

So the OFNA GTV2 ratio in first gear is 2.21 shorter than the kyosho. The OFNA GTV2 is 1.12 shorter than the kyosho. So the kyosho gearing is way taller than the OFNA GTV2.

Edit: i think the evolva 2 speed was in the IGT2 before even the race spec came out.
Thanks for the details on gearing Joe...but actually the ring and pinion in the 1st gen GT1 is of a blk metal alloy with a different cut and is alot more durable than whats in the GT2 1st gen (2008) and the current race spec...this info was given to me by the owner of www.infernosonly.com and I have since verified that as correct as i have all the IGT versions including the current race spec ( I own 4 IGT's lol) ...And no the Evola 2 speed was never in any IGT...but the race spec is similar in design (shoe type).. The Ovna/teamc GTv2 is definately a more modern car than the race spec IGT2 as that car has CVd's to start with vs dogbones in the Kyosho...