R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
DRRC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

very true marcus the DM1 is easy to convert to long chassis
that is no problem and with input from grenade and shawn I should be ok
I have tried the long chassis available and team C and Kyosho GT2 are very competative, dont know about the DM1 1/7 bec I did not have success in trying to set it up.
I was just thinking out loud, instead of just wanting new racers(which is always good), what about the other GT racers (like me) who wants to run spec to even out the field. Most of us dont have long chassis (except Jaime LOL)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Thats is kind of the point, they are slower!! weight is not an issue as much now because the minimum weight is also heavier. As with all forms of racing light weight is not always the quickest car, on loose conditions a heavier car is actually better and on your home track traction is not all that high, last time i was there my car was 3750g! As Tony stated SPEC is SPEC there will be no "grey" area. Unfortunately those that are already in the GT8 class and want to run go to spec are part of the "eggs" that need to be broken to make and omelette! there is just no simple way to make that work. The class is built and designed around that newcomer that wants to start organized GT racing. you can pick up a used Kyosho IGT for under 200 and DM1's cheaper than that. The DM1 platform cans still do well Grenade and Shawn Bucklin have proven that. Will the TeamC/OFNA chassis perform better? probably so but in the end no matter what chassis you have it has to be driven by a human!! Most of the upper tier sponsored racers will not be running SPEC so that means the class will more or less a sportsman type class on a local club level. but on the national level you will obviously have better drivers in the class, thing is, how many of your local guys travel to national races? very few so try and look at the big picture and where you race at the majority of the time. Everett you drive well enough to make a DM1 look good, in your case you already have a LWB Dm1 so nothing really changes you will need to get an engine and tires regardless and even if you do have to convert its only 1 CVD and a chassis which are easy to find , just holla at GRenade!