R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 PM
morgoth
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bolt speedman
hey im a new owner of the xb4 and over the last month with it i have won a jbrl round with it and got third in anther.but i have been having a slight problem with it im stripping out the ring and pinion gear or crown gear.mainly the front ones.i have tried to shim it but nothing helps.i have herd of useing nt1 gears but i have only found a crown gear and its a 38t gear and the stocks is 35t.so if someone can give me that parts number for the right one or tell me how to fix it with the stock ones.it would be a big help.
I ran my car for the first time last week. I build my slipper like the revised manual said and used the loosest position. On track I felt this was pretty when I accelerated a few times on the straight. My car was pulling wheelies and I couldn't hear the slipper.

I loosend it until I heard it and the wheelies were over. This was on a high grip astroturf track with a boosted ORCA TX 6.5T. Hadn't a problem with stripping gears and I ran the car hard.
In the beginning I was scared to strip the gears since the track was bumpy and had so much grip. But with a looser slipper, I hadn't problems. And it didn't slip too much. Just enough.