R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 PM
T-Hawk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
AAAAAAAAH, what a beautiful day!!!

Ok now that the adults can now have a serious discussion, I cannot release too much information but with the possibilities of multiple classes on a national level, SPEC needs to be SPEC with very little grey area to exploit. Spec class needs to be slower , more reliable, more economical and cater to vehicles/products that are already out there but in all honestly cant keep up with the short chassis TeamC or Serpent. Listen guys you have to break some eggs to make an omelette!! Their will be growing pains and as long as we as a group can deal with it together this will exceed all expectations!
On a personal note i have been involved with motorsport racing my entire life and if rules are not kept tight on stock /SPEC classes they die and i think we all know this. Keep in mind guys SPEC class is not for everyone, in the beginning their will be some exhibition runs with upper level guys just to show how much fun the class will be but the class is designed for newbies and guys that truly like spec racing and have no desire to compete with Pro's or even open class racers. With that being said spec is the door to becoming a pro and is literally the first step! run SPEC for a year, graduate to open class (sell your spec ride to a newbie!!!) for a year and then try to become a sponsored pro! Seems logical and everyone gets a reach-able goal!
I for one am very excited, I have an 7yr old son that is VERY good, those that have seen him drive will tell you!! I would absolutely have the time of my life if my boy and i can travel together to a national event , enter two separate classes have the possibility of us both finishing on the podium in two different classes!

This is an exciting time of the year and time in general for GT racing, there are so many things lurking in the underground that you would not believe! I am going to go out on a limb and predict 80+ entries in homestead.

Keep it coming guys, our cancer has been cured so let the healing process begin!
Amen