View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Anyone know if there is a low friction WHITE belt set for the serpent
Thanks
Not that I have seen. Most of the companies that make belts that size only do black, and they are not low friction. Serpent makes an orange rear belt that will fit on the 411 but is a little wide and needs to be trimmed down slightly. Running it on one of my cars just because.

Originally Posted by ICEBERG
Hey guy's

Need a new servo for my serpent, what do you guys recommend? My Futaba s9550 bit the dust after 7 years. Should I go low profile or regular size...I am going to try Savox servos this time around. Read really good reviews on them. How is their low profile for the s411TE?

Also has anyone upgraded their s411TE to ERYX? Don't want to spend money on a new car at the moment. Any good parts to order for te S411 that's worth it from the ERYX.

Thanks guys,
I have used Futaba, KO, Savox, Protek, JR, Hitec, etc. My personally, I will go with KO all the time. I have PDS-2413's in both of my TC's and love them. Quiet, quick, strong, and super reliable. Futaba is my backup, and has never let me down either. I never had problems with Savox, but I always ran them with a capacitor. A lot of others at the track have had issues with them though, especially using Spektrum radio gear. They do pull more power, and can be more noisy. I would run a Protek over a Savox myself. I run Protek in offroad buggy and stadium truck and have been very pleased if looking for a price point servo. They are more noisy, but strong, quick, and no power issues.

I have not upgraded yet, but from what I have been told, the steering and diffs are the biggest upgrades, shocks are nice, split blocks/chassis is a nice tuning option but not a high priority. At the point of shocks and chassis, you are in the realm of just buying a new kit anyway though.