R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

I can understand the feelings behind some of these comments and I feel they all stem from the truth .... no one here is wrong in what they say.
Yes you can win with a $150 engine .....
You should be allowed to race what engine you like ....
etc ... etc

But think of this ..... racing is a comparative sport. Have you ever been to a Snail Derby? .... (Snail Racing) People get very excited about it. Sprints are over an inch long race .... medium full race is 3 inches and endurance are 6 inches and above.
Hardly electrifyingly fast racing which ever you choose......!!
My point is you need to race against like-wize cars
(No good placing you Snail against a centapede is it now ..... very unfair!

But also its not fair if you have a different species racing against you. Just as racing Indy car against Formula 1. Same open wheel racing car but different species.
So we can all run our GT cars, but we need to have restrictions within the rules to ensure we do not have different species racing against each other.
That way, you can race your fully modded .28 at minimum weight against likewize cars while my son can race his single speed, $150 .21 offroad engined buggy with his GT shell on and slick tires against similar "Spec" ... or stock cars. Yes he may still get very similar times to the Mod engines cars out there ..... well some of them piloted by clowns like me haha.....
But he's racing against his own class of cars ..... his own species.

Remember also. ...... no matter how much work I do to my car or how much money I put into modding my engine.... I wont be in the A main with Mr. Morganti and the likes..... but it may beat the others around my skill level if I am allowed to run my highly modded car/engine against other more "stock like" cars........ Is that really fair? Isn't that like bringing a club to a UFC fight?
Its still fighting.......

What do you think?
Lol .... somewhere in this dribble is my point. Thank you for reading.

British Menace