R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
aloksatoor
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
I recall trying this. Gotta watch your shock length/droop as from memory the RB6 front shock is a fair bit shorter?
Yessir I had posted pics a while back. The front droops too much and the rears as well. The xray towers are a lot shorter than the lazer and b44. The xray shocks are not bad with the aluminum tops though. I would not put kyosho shocks on mine ride heights tough to get down to 18mm if needed with the kyosho springs and all. The xray springs wont fit the kyosho bodies.

Also I just bought the smaller 1.5x2 1.1x2 pistons and drilled a pair out to 1.6 mm. No big deal just be careful and slow and use lots of compressed air/light to clean out the hole and see what you are doing. Used this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ston-Drill-Set

Oils might be a bit light. I have not run the car for last 3 months or so been running on road in summer. The off road marshalling takes a toll in the hot california desert air . On roads more relaxing. Will be back playing in the dirt for the winter series of course. Nothing beats big air!!