R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 09-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
OK Paulie . I'm back , BTW the rear toe ony usgt car was the issue with tires .. Tks for ur info
Now to my most recent findings . this problem is with my 17.5tc .
Clean tires with 2 runs on them even wear on all 4. Dopeing them 5min before run with STX.
Burnout as it hits the track , run 2 warmup laps to get some heat in the tires . 1min pause till we get to run (sometimes more) 2nd lap in car feels great , as i expect it to feel anyways .
10laps in car begins to push and doesnt rotate as smooth thru the turn (as if rear traction has doubled) . seems to stay this way all the way till end . I've temped the tires and they r 105 on outside front (sweeper I'm guessing) and all others r 95 deg . any ideas without going into set up 2 deep? BTW its a T4
Glad you figured it out with the USGT!
As for the 17.5 car i think i can help. First you need to make a set up change that will give you more steering, more front camber, less rear camber, move some weight back on chassis, less rear toe, etc. I would suggest just .5deg more front camber and .5deg less rear camber for starters. then you want to sauce only half your front tires or sauce your front tires for a much shorter period of time. The logic in this is that the set up change will give more steering at the beginning and the end of the run, then the less front sauce will take away a bit of steering, but only at the beginning of the run. so hopefully in the end you will have a car that steers the same at the begining as before but maintains the steering threw the run like it did not do before. If that makes sence, lol.

Originally Posted by rosko
Paul on carpet when do u prefer progressive spring vs linear spring? The question is for the front and rear of car
Hi, I cant say that i always prefer one over the other but i will say that for high bite carpet i will gravitate to linear springs and on low bite i suppose progressive. but that is a loose rule of thumb.