R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 AM
irockflipflops
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by witman69
HI Guys: Thanks for your help in getting me the part number etc. for the battery tray when I switched to a CF Chassis. I wanted to run a square lipo, and found that that it would fit, but there was no good way to keep the battery from sliding left and right. Well, Shorty lipos are the answer! By trimming the battery side holders ever so slightly, the Shorty fits in great, and reduces some weight, which solved my traction roll problem as well. Heres a snapshot of what im talking about.

I'm still experimenting with the longer axles, I'll post again when my 5x12mm bearing arrive...
Nicely done!

the only other option that I have seen, although kind of cumbersome, is to either use velcro straps or threaded strapping tape to hold the battery packs in place. Velcro allows you to swap packs out much easier, but if you don't get industrial strength you could end up dragging your battery down the straightaway...Strapping tape shows up on guys cars all the time, but it leaves adhesive behind and you have to re apply it every so often.