R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ncpantherfan
I will prep my s grips and have them ready for next Friday night.
What type of CA do you recommend? Tire glue or regular old super glue?
Glue the outside section of thread and the side wall, or just the tread?
I will change to 40 all round, drop to 5mm front and 5mm rear and go down to 4.5 if I see the bounce. I think I will keep the springs the way I have them now, I need to order the set you recommended and a sway bar set.

I have never been good with ball diffs, even my 417 has the front spool and rear gear diff. That is why I tried the very tight front diff. and use the stock gear diff.
I use Losi standard tire glue. The thin is too thin. It really doesn't matter which type of cyano, as long as it's not too thin. Spread the glue from the edge of the tread to the rim and less far on the rears. You'll have to experiment to see how much to glue.

The Mini type springs are way too stiff and can lead to traction rolling. Install the adjustable rear camber links cause the stock ones don't give any adjustability. I'm running 2 negative on one of my cars and 3 on another. Lowering the rear ride height also gives you a little more negative camber.

A tight diff on a outdoor asphalt track, does a couple of bad things. It leads to erratic and weak corner entry. It also scrubs off corner speed and doesn't allow the car to roll freely thru the corner. Going to the softer spring will help your corner speed by loading the outside wheels more.

The TA03 ball diff is one of the easiest things in the world to build. It's strictly a "no brainer". Build it per the instructions, use AW grease on the balls, loctite the diff screw and cinch it all the way down. I forgot, use AW grease on the thrust bearing.