R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM
John Tag
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbykerman
Hello all you Express Motorsports fans and users. I had good day at the track (Onelug Raceway in Albertville, Al). The day started about 10 am, got to the track and setup. I had charged my batteries before I left the house, so all I had to do was setup and sauce my tires when I got there. I have an Xray T4 with the Orca VX esc, Express Motorsports Killshot torque with the HT rotor. The car during my first run was loose into and out of the corners, I was reluctant to change anything due to new track layout and low traction. The traction finally started coming in about my third practice run, and I was glad I hadn't made any changes. The car was dialed. The first qualifier started, and I laid down 38 laps and was sitting in 3rd qualifying position. I did my normal in between rounds prep on the car, again not wanting to change the car yet. Second round qualifying started and the car drove great, but I ended up with 37 laps. I accounted the lost of a lap to the fact I had a few more driver errors in the 2nd round than the 1st. The car drove great, so no changes in between rounds again. The third round started and here is where the things went totally wrong. The car started turning in erratically and being loose off the corner. I could not understand what went wrong til the race was over and I went back to the pit area. By the way I ended up with 35 laps. So I go and look over the car and find that 1 of the screws in my chassis for the front arm mount had come out. It was allowing the front arms to slide back and forth, and thus my erratic behavior. I fixed it and checked over a few other screw. I prepped the car again and didnt make any changes for the main. I was unsure as to what changez to make, since my mechanical failure made the car unstable. The Amain started with me in 6th position out of 10 and wondering if everything was working correctly. The race started and went well. I ended up 3rd, even though I had to adjust my driving style because traction had come up so much that the car was turning in quicker than expected. The day was a good experience and ended on a good note. It would have been a great note if I would have taken some of the steering out of the car for the main. I think I would have been able to take 2nd and maybe even 1st. Ok, ok I can dream can't I? Lol. I had great power all day and all I need to do now is get me a couple of those great batteries Tag has. I hope you enjoyed your race day as I did mine, and I will continue to keep you informed.
Hey Mack...

Great report, Glad all worked out well. Looks like you got great notes and know the direction you need to head next event with changes. Hey, A Screw loose is something we all deal with on and off the track...LOL Keep up the great work ...