R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Ultra GTP2e
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Monteman
One thing i wanted to ask you all, maybe not so much the straightliners but the racers.

I get a TON of push (front understeer) right now with my set up.
Possibly just the tires i was using (Ofna Belted stockers)

But where should i be set up wise to be able to carve up some corners without hitting the blinker and dropping to 5 mph lol.

Toe/Camber F/R
I notice the front upper arms are adjustable front to back with spacers. Where should those be right now?
Cameron,

Chassis changes like: caster, camber, toe, roll center, oils, sway bars……… mostly affect steering at lower to midrange speeds and are all subjective to driver style, traction, track layout, power levels and tire wear patterns.

Driving with a “brick” body not only kills top-speed, but has a major effect on hi-speed steering & stability.

That’s why you always hear track racers saying…. “this body feels like it has more steering than…. fill in the ______” or “that body is too loose in the rear on exit” or “that body isn’t bad, it just doesn’t do anything right”.

If your car is “pushing” on the race track at higher speeds, the last thing you want to do is use a “brick” or a body that isn’t helping your car work better. Shelf queens are pretty to look at, but race cars need to actually work.

Once your GT car is going over about 20 mph, “mechanical” chassis grip starts to give way to “aero-grip”. "Aero-grip is what helps keep your car from "pushing" into the wall, board or pipe.

Want to test this theory????
Drive your car on a track for a few laps, then remove the rear spoiler and watch what happens to your driving lines, lol.

Aerodynamics is your car's very best friend.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-07-2013 at 05:14 PM.