R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 PM
ewashburnaf
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simonseize
I will need different tires, correct? Its a dirt track, maybe clay? Looked sticky. They were using a gas powered tamper as they had just rebuilt. I also don't know if I'll want to go MM immediately, or if the gear box is fully adjustable MM3/4 RM3/4 like the pro.
The RTR tires are too hard and don't provide optimal grip. The RTR does come with all the parts you'd need for any configuration of motor... MM3/4 or RM3/4. I think you only need the bearings that go in the smaller idle gears when running MM4 or RM4.

Anybody looking to buy the RTR kit needs to buy the front and rear skid plates to protect the older style Dimec chassis weak points. Another must change item is the steering plate.

On top of that, if you are prone to having pipes jump out at you... you'd want aluminum rear hubs, an aluminum RF hanger, and possibly a CF rear shock tower. Other than that, nothing else is really necessary.

Some "good to have items" are the CF front tower, battery thumb screws, the SUMO rear inner camber link brace (if you run spacers under your rear camber links... otherwise, the screw is long enough to handle some pretty hard hits), locking rear hexes.

Some "nice to have items" are Lunsford ball cups (or equivalent), TD or Exotek chassis weight, anything else blingy and orange.

As far as the ball cups go, you don't NEED anything but the kit ones. Build them right (tap them and/or make sure they are smooth and you can twist them with only a little force with your hands), don't ever pop them off when working on the vehicle, if one does pop off - replace it (should do that with any vehicle).