R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 09-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Thanks for the reply Paul. One more question for ya. Graphite arms vs Plastic arms, whats the difference? Thanks Chad
That's a really hard question and one that i cant answer with certainty. I like the graphite arms on the rear for sure, I feel like the car normally has a touch more steering, but on the front i have been puzzled for a while because i have had various results. I assume that the results depend on caster flex with softer and stiffer arms and what the car/tire wants on any given track.

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Paul,
I have been thinking about this for awhile now and have been curious. Have you ever thought about putting on a one day seminar about chassis set up and how to drive a better line when racing with others? These types of seminars happen all the time with full scale racing and thought a great professional like yourself could benefit from it.
I have had a few people mention something like this over the years and i think it could be pretty fun. But in the end i dont know that my Ego could take it if nobody showed, LOL!!

Originally Posted by OVA
Mike you know the answer....lol
Isn't just the carpet, Mike ,it is the traction grip level as well...
Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I'm looking around at the different options for 1/12th tires for the IIC. How have the Gravity 1/12th tires been working at events like this? Which compounds would be the right ones to get for 13.5? Are they off-set like Jaco rims, CRC, or something else entirely?

Thanks
Hi. Obviously i have been running the Gravity Tires for a while now. I think they are good, surely they have a lot of grip. In Mod I use soft/soft. for 17.5 i would recommend soft rear with hard front. Hard is not really that hard though, Its just on the hard side of what actually works well. S,M,H are all with in 5 points on a durometer. the offset is closest to CRC with the front wheel accepting non flange bearings, this gives a extra tuning option that i like a lot. Ill be their so if you need advice on any tire, come see me
See you their!

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Paul, will our current front diffs drop right in on the 2014 car?
Yes, 99.99% sure